By Julian Lowell Coolidge
Read Online or Download A History of Geometrical Methods (Dover Books on Mathematics) PDF
Similar geometry & topology books
Even though now not so renowned at the present time, booklet four of Pappus’ assortment is among the most crucial and influential mathematical texts from antiquity. The mathematical vignettes shape a portrait of arithmetic in the course of the Hellenistic "Golden Age", illustrating principal difficulties – for instance, squaring the circle; doubling the dice; and trisecting an attitude – various answer concepts, and the several mathematical types inside of old geometry.
The current booklet includes a specific selection of study and evaluation articles on deformations of floor singularities, that prepare function an introductory survey of effects and techniques of the speculation, in addition to open difficulties and examples. The target is to assemble fabric that may support mathematicians already operating or wishing to paintings during this sector to deepen their perception and put off the technical boundaries during this studying approach.
This quantity is a compilation of recent effects and surveys at the present kingdom of a few features of the foliation thought provided throughout the convention “FOLIATIONS 2012”. It includes fresh fabrics on foliation idea that's on the topic of differential geometry, the speculation of dynamical platforms and differential topology.
The 2 components of the current quantity comprise prolonged convention abstracts comparable to chosen talks given by way of individuals on the "Conference on Geometric research" (thirteen abstracts) and on the "Conference on sort concept, Homotopy concept and Univalent Foundations" (seven abstracts), either held on the Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM) in Barcelona from July 1st to fifth, 2013, and from September 23th to twenty seventh, 2013, respectively.
- Towards Higher Categories: 152 (The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications)
- Geometric Galois Actions: Volume 2, The Inverse Galois Problem, Moduli Spaces and Mapping Class Groups (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- An Algebraic Introduction to K-Theory (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
- Advances in the Homotopy Analysis Method
- Transition Curves for Highway Geometric Design (Springer Tracts on Transportation and Traffic)
- Standard Monomial Theory: Invariant Theoretic Approach: 137 (Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences)
Additional resources for A History of Geometrical Methods (Dover Books on Mathematics)
A History of Geometrical Methods (Dover Books on Mathematics) by Julian Lowell Coolidge